AVOIDING THE COWBOYS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would be a reasonable cost per hour(and how many hours,approx)for replacing plastic guttering and 3 downpipes(1 hopper)for a semi in Ashford area(2 storey)?
Any advice :confused:
Thanks
E

Sponsored Links
This is a difficult one depending on the height of your house and where you're base at,best to get a few quotes.

The only important thing is that the gutter brackets should be no more than 1m apart...

www.mrplastic.org are very reasonable but I think they are supply only.You could give them a ring and they may help you further...

Masona
Thanks for the reply!
I am in Ashford,Kent
My place is a normal 2 storey semi(no guttering on the end :D )
Even an hourly rate would be useful(anybody)?
Thanks
E.

GUTTERCARE said:
Even an hourly rate would be useful(anybody)?
Can't really answer that one as they are so many trademan's charging difference rates in difference area.

Without seeing it,I could probably do your house in 3/4 of a day then I would need full day pay out of it ! Hourly rate don't come into it,only if you're happy with the price.

Not sure why you want to know the hourly rate for,you can work out the price of guttering parts minus the labour cost of a quote for your hourly rate.

If you give Mr Plastic a ring on 0800 0288055 they maybe able to tell the hourly rate.

Sponsored Links
Masona
True i can work it out,but then i didnt know about that supplier,till you told me about em.
Its just that someone has quoted me a days pay,as being £175 + parts
(which i thought was a bit steep)
E

The £175 per day will probably involve a Tradesman and a Labourer so it is not all that bad and lets face it , if you could do it yourself then you wouldn't need to pay someone , in the same way that if my car broke down then I would have to pay the mechanics rate because that's what the service costs. I am not having a go at you but what I mean is that a skill or a trade in one thing or another costs good money. If you are in doubt about the price then it is best to get 3 or 4 quotes and then compare. Can you not ask friends or family for a recommendation of a good Tradesman because word of mouth is always the best form of advertising.

DazB
Thankyou,kind sir......I "think" the cost of £175 was indeed for a man & boy!
E

GUTTERCARE said:
What would be a reasonable cost per hour(and how many hours,approx)for replacing plastic guttering and 3 downpipes(1 hopper)for a semi in Ashford area(2 storey)?
Thanks
E
I have just been quoted 463 pounds for replacing my cast iron guttering with upvc on a house similar to yours.

Morton said:
GUTTERCARE said:
Thanks
E
I have just been quoted 463 pounds for replacing my cast iron guttering with upvc on a house similar to yours.

well due to inflation it may be right, the post was asked :arrow: only 4 years ago

Old-MummyHead.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back