Awaiting Kitchen Fitting Quotes.........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - We want to replace our kitchen and all appliances. We have looked at many different suppliers and ranges, namely Benchmarx, Howdens, John Lewis, Magnets, Next, Jewson, Wickes, B & Q.
We have narrowed it down to the first two, and have had designs and plans drawn up. I have contacted two local (same town - around a mile from my house!) tradesmen who fit kitchens and are highly rated on one of the popular find a tradesman websites.
They both deal with Howdens/Benchmarx so no issues there, the problem I have is how long is a reasonable time to wait for a quote to fit the kitchen?
The first one I contacted doesnt answer emails, return phone calls or texts, so I presume not interested.
Number 2 I rang last Sat, said no problem would contact me this week, and so far 8 days later - no contact.
Bearing in mind I live a mile away, and am home from 4.30pm Mon-Fri and weekends - I dont get it.
What is a reasonable time to wait for a quote? Am I being impatient?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
My feeling is that if they are being unreliable in terms of contacting you at this stage of the game, rule them out. They might be really busy, but if they can't take a few minutes to return your calls/emails...

Don't trust those find a tradesman websites. Anyone can put a review or feedback there, you have no way of knowing if it's genuine or whether it's come from the tradesman's friends or family or even the tradesman himself!

Thanks Jellycat, fair point. Its the first time weve done this, and its obviously quite an outlay so we want it done right. I'll take that on board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back