AWG995 removing/cleaning detergent/fabric softener drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Whirlpool AWG995 washer/drier
The fabric softener section of the drawer always has water in it.
The instruction manual (for what it's worth!) says:

"Pull out the drawer as far as possible"
"Remove the drawer"

But how do you release the drawer??
I can't find any catches, latches, screws or any way to get the drawer out??
The manual also says "take the sections apart" but in my drawer it appears to be all in one - 1 2 * - not in separate sections?

Anyone help Moreton?

Sponsored Links
on most machines i've seen (i sell them for a living!)

you simply pull the tray out, till it stops and then pull it more, it'll pull out then, sometimes takes a bit of force but usually does it.

There should be a syphon cap in the conditioner compartment. If it's not there you'll just see a tube with a hole in the top.
If it's the second one, you've lost the part. If it's the first, pull the cap off and clean it out.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Yep, the 995 has no release button, you pull it out till it stops, then one hand each side and give it a good tug and it will come out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, it takes a good yank to get the drawer out but it worked (and i got a bit wet!). Hole at the back was blocked so now hopfully all is well.
Thanks again
Moreton :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back