Awkward Hallway Decoration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decorating a hallway where stairs make parts of the job hard to access.

Is there a piece of platform kit that could help.....

Sponsored Links
Without being able to see it I really could'nt say what would be the best option, there are such things as combination ladders that might be of use to you.

Dec

Hi,

I've just decorated my hallways (I have a modern 3 storey town house, so there was a lot to do !) and looked into hiring platforms / ladders etc. but they cost a fortune to hire and I thought it was a rip off.

Instead I followed these instructions:

http://www.mattandshari.com/large-projects/ladder-platform-for-stairs.html

and built myself a platform that I can put on the stairs that allows my regular ladders to be propped up against the wall. It's really sturdy (I over engineered it from the one in the link above - if I'm on the ladders on the stairs I want to be safe !!) and it worked like a charm.

Only cost 20 quid to get the timber from B&Q. I ended up with 12mm MDF, so I cut two pieces and laminated them together with wood glue and screws.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris

Cheers Dec/Chris

Chris..that looks perfect although I might not have the patience to build it! It's a shame they can't be bought "off the shelf"....maybe something for Dragon's Den! I've managed to get all the paper off but have placed myself in some pretty non-elf and safety positions.

Thanks for your replies fella's

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back