B and Q Kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're considering a B&Q kitchen.

Is there any differnce between the Cooke and Lewis ones which have to be ordered from B&Q and the IT ones which are stocked in store?

The specs look very similar although the IT ones are a bit cheaper.

We would prefer to pick it up from the store to ensure we get all the parts required and nothing is missing or damaged.

However if the Cooke and Lewis ones are better quality then maybe we would be better ordering one of those?

We going for a gloss white finish and hope to make it look more expensive by having granite worktops.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I have just finished fitting the slab white in store kitchen, reasonable quality it looks good but very disapointed with the worktops would certainly source them elsewere another time.
If you can find units that are ready assembled for a similar price it does save a fair bit of work and they tend to be more uniform. No matter how careful you are with the B&Q ones some of the sidepanels seem to stand a little proud of the tops and bottoms giving gaps when you fit the cornice/pelmets.
Regards,
footprints

Just doing the B and Q framed IT one - yes, it is cheaper than the TL. I found a lot of parts not needed, but was sold to me. For example, i only need a side panel to fill the gap between the wall and the fridge and frizer housing. but b and q give me another full packags containg 2 side panels, 2 back panels and etc. I just need a little side panel to fill the gap, why you sold me that much and cost me another 60 quids? Was it a force sale?

Sponsored Links
If you don't need the panels, then leave them unopened and take them back to B&Q with the original receipt for a refund or credit note. ;) ;)

Be very carefull of how close the gloss white units are to a heat source like an oven of all the B&Q kitchens I have fitted,these are the only ones to have peeled of when put next to an oven

my experience with b and q leicester, what a nightmare. The product is less superior to wickes with a thinner back board, doors are bad quality and side panels are clad on. they will try all the sales gimmicks, 20 % off here and there. trade point is a gimmick too as most of the products are cheaper quality and seperate. i purchases some paint on 2 for 1 offer but a week later could not change the colour cos the offer was now 3 for 2. they gave me credit note and told me to buy 3. customer service is non-existent. go wickes better service.

my experience with b and q leicester, what a nightmare. The product is less superior to wickes with a thinner back board, doors are bad quality and side panels are clad on. they will try all the sales gimmicks, 20 % off here and there. trade point is a gimmick too as most of the products are cheaper quality and seperate. i purchases some paint on 2 for 1 offer but a week later could not change the colour cos the offer was now 3 for 2. they gave me credit note and told me to buy 3. customer service is non-existent. go wickes better service.
Is there a purpose to resurrecting old post? :rolleyes:

I have just finished fitting the slab white in store kitchen, reasonable quality it looks good but very disapointed with the worktops would certainly source them elsewere another time.
If you can find units that are ready assembled for a similar price it does save a fair bit of work and they tend to be more uniform. No matter how careful you are with the B&Q ones some of the sidepanels seem to stand a little proud of the tops and bottoms giving gaps when you fit the cornice/pelmets.
Regards,
footprints

I've also just finished a slab white and agree about the gapping. Also found them difficult to keep them square.

Is there a purpose to resurrecting old post? :rolleyes:

I must remember to look at the date first :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back