b and q romantic walnut worktop please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To cut a hell of a long story short, been fitting kitchen for last 6 months or so, have had worktops on order for the last 6 weeks and they arrived on Thursday as promised.

Joiner comes today and says you dont have enough :eek:

Whether it was my measurement or b and q prob I dont know but the b and q website says they are 3.6m and they are only 3.06 so were roughly 50mm short.

The joiner says he could of used the extra off the breakfast bar we have but its marked and not possible.

Phoned b and q but they cant send and more for 2 weeks what the hell can I do, could I actually collect it myself or am I in limbo, totally sick as my partner is having a party with 15 of her mates coming round and wanted it all finished.

Looked on ebay to see if I can buy a piece quicker but nothing doing.

Thanks for any help, Paul...

Sponsored Links
Phoned b and q but they cant send and more for 2 weeks what the hell can I do, could I actually collect it myself or am I in limbo

Ask them? :confused:

Believe me im trying, been sat here for the last hal hour on constant redial and my patience is wearing thin.

Going to go into store and vent my anger when the mrs gets in

Sponsored Links
And not available in store so you won't be collecting :confused:

And you should give them a week or two to adjust to the humidity/heat of your house before fitting

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back