B and Q Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have had my kitchen delivered from B and Q, one of the door panels has 4 missing wood plugs, I've tried to get them to deliver them but they are saying it will take 4-6 weeks

Is there anywhere I can buy some from? I don't want to wait 6 weeks for something as simple as a wood plug for a kitchen

Sponsored Links
Jony - get yourself down to your local B&Q Warehouse (lot of choice in Manchester I would have thought) buy the door you want (they will have them in stock), take it home, carefully open the box, remove the items you want, carefully re-seal the box (hot glue gun or double sided tape), take the box back to B&Q Returns a couple of days later and say " you don't need this door after all"; you'll get your money back.

A good idea, but the kitchen I have is made to order, B and Q don't actually keep thenm in store..............any other ideas?

A good idea, but the kitchen I have is made to order, B and Q don't actually keep thenm in store..............any other ideas?

You might find the part you need is common.
Go to the store open a door then & have a look if it has the part get a new door pack, so you can open it with care.
If dosnt have the part looks like you will be waiting.

Sponsored Links
Jony - describe these 'missing wood plugs" (some smart a**e on the forum is bound to say "how can he describe them when they're missing" & I'll say "open another door box"). A pic would be helpful. Are you sure that they aren't wooden dowels? What's the style name of your new kitchen?

The kitchen is a Clevendon, they could very well be dowels I am not sure what the difference would be?

I've just spoken to them now and they have managed to bring the delivery date forward to next week.

Not very happy though, I was waiting 8 weeks for the kitchen, and then the day it was delivered I was told there were parts missing which would take a further 6 weeks to arrive.

I know this site isn't for ranting so apologies, but many thanks for the quick responses

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back