[b]Potterton Profile 60e Boiler problem!!!!![/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I removed two radiators the other day and have now reconnected. i bled the system and started up my Potterton Profile 60e Boiler. It started for a few minutes then turned off. Now it refuses to turn on at all!

Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Air and its over heated reset button under flap underneath boiler

I have tried the reset button but hasn't worked. Will try again in the morning.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi ya,

Just spoke to someone who thinks it air in the boiler.

How do i drain the air?

Thanks

does the pump run?
the fan?
any lights on?
does anything happen at all?
is the gas on?
power?
system properly filled?

I am a heating engineer, not a fortune teller.

i have the same boiler and have encountered the same problem when re-newing and installing a rad. To over come bleed all rads, you may have to do this twice. resset the trip under the boiler's grey cover. When this happened to me it would run for 1 min and trip again, eventually i bled the pump.You also need to ensure the pump is running. To do this remove the large screw in the centre of the pump. To prove it is running gently push the screwdriver into the hole to prove the gears are turning, when i carried this out air bubbles were present for approximately two minutes. Once this is done replace the screw and bleed all rads again bare in mind that you may have to bleed the system two or three times over the course of 48 hours. best of luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back