B&Q kitchen!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just started to install my Cooke and Lewis kitchen but had a few problems. The clad on panels were on a long lead time so I opted to have colour matched end panels instead. They came quickly but the cooke and lewis shelf pack doesn't fit an IT appliance side panel so I had to buy the IT shelf pack. Can't return the c&L appliance housing as its been opened and box chucked. Ebay job I think.

Anyway, I am having a 600mm single oven and integrated microwave above. Trouble is the shelf pack/pre-drilled holes don't allow for this so I will have to put in my own shelf for the microwave.

Also, the door pack recommended for this is a small "D pack" door at the top and and a "J pack" door at the bottom. No problem with the bottom door. The "D" door fitted great on the C&L housing but there are no pre-drilled holes for the shelf to sit nicely at the bottom of the door plus there are no pre drilled holes for the hinges of the "D" door. This door swings up so expected holes in the top panel.

It looks like this unit is going to be a bit of a fudge. Anyone else had problems with this sort of thing?

Cheers Mike

Sponsored Links
Holes are not pre drilled on small doors as they can be hinged left, right or top depending on application. You can also mix various sizes to achieve what you need stitching the panels together with joining plates to fill the aperture.
So from exterior you may appear to have several door while they open as one.
Have a tower unit that I needed to alter over the years to accommodate various appliances that varied in size, so shuffling things up or down and installing infill panels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back