B & Q Toilet - Overflowing Into Basin

Sponsored Links
The kayla is pneumatic valve isn't it ?
The Arcadia was the cable valve, the Kayla the pneumatic. Both are now called Kayla. (Try and spot the difference between an Arcadia and a cable Kayla! Believe it or not, CME still show the valve as Arcadia on their website. :rolleyes: )

The Kayla cable is only made in 11/2”, but comes with a conversion washer to enable t to fit a 2” outlet cistern.

Thank you. Would I still be able to get to this, whilst it's in position?

Not if it's one piece, you will have to remove the cistern but at least then you can replce with a two piece and make sure you keep the details for the future.

Sponsored Links
Right, I've had chance to look at this, and pleased to say, fixed it, up to now thankfully. It did actually come off without removing the cistern, just gave it a little turn as seco services said. And, at the bottom was the large white washer (flapper?) again, as seco services said, thank you very much. The whole of the flusher comes out so I cleaned it all, as well as the button which I took apart too. Put it all back, and it was just the same. So, I took off the white washer/flapper and turned it over, and put it back on. That instantly fixed it, and it's been ok since. Though there was no sign of any damage or wear, it was obviously 'set' or had become 'used' to it's postion, and flipping it over has given it new life. Not sure if this is a permanent fix or not, but it's fixed at the moment. And now I know I can take the whole thing out it's easy enough for me to replace in the future. Thanks for all the help!

large white washer (flapper?)

Flapper, as fitted to a flapper valve. Yours is a washer, as fitted to a flush valve:

422.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back