B & Q toilets any good ?

Sponsored Links
Buy a spare seat while you're at it. The dafter the shape the bigger the problem in a few years when a hinge breaks or the T&S drops her hair dryer on it.

Chances are it will be discontinued by then.

The one in Cricklewood, NW London used to be quite good.

But for the last year has been marked out of order!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't buy it B&Q stuff isn't great quality.............go to a plumbers merchants.

Recently fitted a B&Q bathroom for someone.........wouldn't fit another if that answers your question.

Wellingborough branch has theirs hidden at the back of the store, easily missed if you didnt know. They also have signs in Braille should it be required. There is a pub over the road or Tesco nearby if you were really desperate.

With anything like this from B&Q make sure the box isn't "rattling" before you leave the shop and also check that the pan, cistern, cistern lid, seat and flush and fill mechanisms are all in the box before you leave the store.

Many times have customers bought a 'bargain' from B&Q to find they have several more journeys back to the shop to get what they paid for... but the best bit is that they supplied it so have to do the chasing around.

We've been looking at the same toilet for our new en suite. However, there is a bathstore.com shop near us and the quality of their stuff is much better than B&Q for about the same price.

Thanks for the replies.
I actually went to a store yesterday,the only 1 in my area who had any stock and guess what,all the fittings were missing from the 1 they had in stock.
Think I'll look elsewhere :)

fitted hundreds of bq ,,,all wcs come from the same places china etc the only differance is price and the insides,,, you can get a bad branded one,, thats cost double,, dont be coned by price,, ps the wicks one is the best flush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back