toilet with a down soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi sorry if this has been posted before I tried searching but anyway.
I'm about to replace my bathroom and the soil pipe for the toilet is in the floor, while looking for a new one B&Q told me that all of the toilets they have will only go into soil pipes in the wall is this common? or was the guy just not very good? I'm also hoping to move the toilet along the wall, the floorboards go in the right direction so that the pipe wont have to go through the joists but will this affect the type of loo I need? I am getting a professional plumber to do the work but I'm just looking for some info so that I can plan ahead and make sure as much as possible is sorted before work starts
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Use one of these. You can get different leg lengths . . .

small_001984.jpg

What do you mean by "supposed to go into the wall"? :confused: This will connect the horizontal outlet from your pan to a (relative to that outlet) vertical soil pipe in the floor. The black bit connects to the pan...

Sponsored Links
oh I was told that certain toilets could only be connected to soil pipes that ran vertically through the back wall not into soil pipes that are in the floor

floor, while looking for a new one B&Q told me that all of the toilets they have will only go into soil pipes in the wall is this common? or was the guy just not very good? Cheers
he was a **** :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: there are many permutations of WC Pan Connectors available ;)

oh I was told that certain toilets could only be connected to soil pipes that ran vertically through the back wall not into soil pipes that are in the floor
you can get situations where the cistern needs packing away from the wall because the outlet in the floor is too far out from wall..........so they may have meant this :confused:

Cheers I guess thats what you get if you try to ask the average B&Q staff member a question, as they seemed to be regular toilets i suppose it will be best to wait till my plumber has a look at it

You mean horizontally?

Get your tape measure out and figure out how you can fit what you have where you want it...

You can get some connectors that are more like a '?' shape to help bring outlets into alignment if necessary.
mkbar90_s.jpg

there are still a few WCs made that have the downward discharge, you are unlikely to find one in a DIY shed though.

IIRC Armitage Shanks still make some. You would almost certainly have to order it from a sanitaryware supplier and spend time going through their trade catalogue. AFAIK they are only in white. They will allow you to fit it nearer the wall than if you use an adaptor. this can be handy if the room is very cramped.

thanks, yeah the bathroom is only 4.5 ft by 6.5 ft thats why i want to move the toilet.
Apperently bathstore have some that can be used for downward soil pipes.

post a link if you find one... they are like hens' teeth

thanks, yeah the bathroom is only 4.5 ft by 6.5 ft thats why i want to move the toilet.
Apperently bathstore have some that can be used for downward soil pipes.
have you considered corner wc`s :idea: ..like right in the angle of the 2 walls .....these and special basins and shower trays mean you can use tiny spaces

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back