Baby monitor / camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello we are expecting our first child. I have a decent lcd pannel in our master bedroom with spare hdmi , vga, dvi , inputs can anyone suggest a camera i could use to monitor the baby in its cot? thx ;0)

Sponsored Links
maplin

but why not have one of thm portable ones that listen for sound only, take it where you like and it means you can still do what ever since you can hear if anything happens

Sponsored Links
You can if you leave the light on. Bet you don't have children.

no, no i dont, and if you read old posts you will see why.

but that aside i dont care, people have been having kids with no cctv to watch them or microphones to listen to them for years.

so why worry about it now.

and as for leaving the light on, i dont think so.

most cheapo cctv needs bright light to see in colour, i understand babys need dark to sleep, which do you want. bright ligt to watch the fact the baby cant sleep but that you can see this or a michrohone that lets you listen to the baby while you do something else.

you have to sit and watch all the time with cctv

New parents are always a bit OTT. It's just the way it is. Infra red black and white give some reassurance that all is well.

if you are that worried get an angelcare monitor. it detects movement from breathing and sets of an alarm after 30 seconds. My brother in law used one and it saved his sons life when he stopped breathing.

if you are that worried get an angelcare monitor. it detects movement from breathing and sets of an alarm after 30 seconds. My brother in law used one and it saved his sons life when he stopped breathing.

Little bit inaccurate there, the alarm goes off much sooner! Nearer 5-10 seconds. has a sensor pad that goes under the matress.
But definately one of the best on the market.
Don't go for the analogue one as everything interferes with it.
Digital one is spot on though.

amazing how quick you can move when that alarm goes off oin the middle of the night!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back