back boiler and radiator

PICT0183.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
It looks to me that the radiators shown on the drawing are in parallel, at least with each other. The boiler, f&e and cylinder are suspiciously absent though!

Another picture has come through while I'm typing - definitely parallel.

To the OP - I think it will help your studies to learn a little about electrical circuit diagrams, and to ponder upon why the London tube map is drawn the way it is rather than conforming to the actual geography :idea:

Sponsored Links
the f&e and vessell are the same as in your drawing that you posted, so i didnt think id need to draw them. sorry! its quite a simple circuit and i dont know why its not getting hot , do u think i should take a tee from the main flow rather than the end of the radiator, but would that mean i would not be able to add any more radiators?

I suspect/hope the F&E are on a second, un-drawn gravity circuit of 'tother side of the boiler.

If you are having circulation troubles here then it pretty much has to be the pump.

Mog has a point - I am pants at circuit diagrams - but they are important when trying to explain this type of problem. Keep going though!!!

You can only draw 6kW down a 15mm pipe, so your ability to add rads is dependant on this.

What is not clear from your last diagram is the pipe run sizes etc. (did you mention them in your first post?).

For future reference though - one line = one pipe. ;)

Like I said - solid fuel not my strength, but as long as your heat leak (cylinder here no?) is adequate the CH circuit can be whatever... What is the total output of the rads?

the new rads out put is 5800 btus the other , 2 original rads ,have no fins on them and are 600mm wide and 1800mm long ,very old rads no idea what the btu are on them.

after i burned the fire really hard for 2 hours, i turned the rads on and they were piping hot, so at last problem solved, but she wont have it on any higher than 0, so i give up!!! thanks to everyone for all your help.

after i burned the fire really hard for 2 hours, i turned the rads on and they were piping hot, so at last problem solved, but she wont have it on any higher than 0, so i give up!!!

Nice to know that you got it working, and that it's there if needed :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back