warm radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , i have just added another radiator to my system, making 3 in total all downstairs, by continuing on from where it enters the last radiator and joining back the return the same way , all pipework is in 15mm, the bit ive added on ive done in push-fit about 4m worth there and back, it is a solid fuel system ,with a pump on the flow , which only has 2 settings off and on, rads and pump have been bled and the water in the rads warms up straight away ,but does not stays warm not hot ,i have not flushed the system because i used push-fit , do you think i need to flush the system or do you think i need a bigger pump or both. the 2 rads worked fine before , fire has been in for days so the water would be red hot , got me scratching my head this any help welcome.

Sponsored Links
not b ored of the thread , my mum has no internet so when im trying to fix it i cant be on-line, i only have 3 downstairs radiators in total, i have replaced pump drained system again and put a 3 in 1 in the f&e ,it will take a couple of days to find out wheather it has worked or not , but on speaking to my tutor it could just be the fire is not hot enough, i will keep you posted, thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
my mum has no internet so when im trying to fix it i cant be on-line
And yet, when you are on-line, you don't answer all the questions that are being asked.

For example, have you, or have you not, balanced the system?

because they are all the same temp , flow has been decreased , no radiator is hot than another,that is balanced isnt it . Why ask the question then if you all ready new the answer , i don`t understand?

You seem reluctant to answer some very basic and incredibly simple questions.

I said:
How did you balance it
because they are all the same temp
That doesn't reveal anything about HOW you balanced it.

flow has been decreased , no radiator is hot than another,that is balanced isnt it
No.

Why ask the question then if you all ready new the answer
I didn't know the answer, and I still don't.

How did you balance it? If you don't understand the question, it means what steps did you take to achieve a balanced system?

How did you balance it? If you don't understand the question, it means what steps did you take to achieve a balanced system?

Tell him how to balance it , tap fitter, obviously it would be ridiculous to try and balance the system if the boiler isn`t burning correctly. How do we check that, tap fitter :?:

you do realise this is a solid fuel system ,the only way the boiler don't work is if the fire is out. As there is plenty of hot water and is on constantly and was working perfectly , i added another rad and the operating temp of the radiators dropped , so i even out the flow of water through each radiator so that with the system in its normal operating condition, the temperature drop across each radiator is about 20°F (12°C).
Is it because im a student you feel the need to critise me we all have to learn somehow !!!!!

Is it because im a student you feel the need to critise me we all have to learn somehow !!!!!
I don't know why you think I've criticised you.

Please state the power output of the boiler, and the summed output of all the rads and cylinder (if you have one).

sorry mate not you ,but the one who called me a tapfitter, which im not qualified for either.

He's referring to Softus - it's a longstanding thing! However, he may possibly turn on you, but ignore it (sad story - mother disowned him, bullied at school etc etc :cry: ) ;)

i am not currently at my mothers and will post the details if i can find them as the system is over 20 years old, the new rad is 5800 btu and i will find out what the other btus are for the other 2 rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back