warm radiators

Sponsored Links
i think the basic problem is how hot the fire is and what coal they are using, they have started using some new coal and have the vent set at its lowest setting as it burns to fast otherwise, the other coal used to burn at a number 5 setting, if the setting is set to high the water will actually boil over ,i know this because the tank is above my bedroom and came through the ceiling, the boiler is bricked up behind the fire so i cant find out the output.

its now fixed , the tank was at an angle ,so the overflow was above the lip of the tank, so it just poured out over the lip, (house that jack built)

Sponsored Links
you do realise this is a solid fuel system
Yes I do, but Bamber doesn't, because he generally doesn't read technical details before launching into his pointless and misguided personal attacks. His experience is very limited, as he doesn't do general plumbing, and doesn't understand heating, or electrics, or solid fuel, and thinks that the world revolves around gas. :D

after i burned the fire really hard for 2 hours, i turned the rads on and they were piping hot, so at last problem solved, but she wont have it on any higher than 0, so i give up!!! thanks to everyone for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back