Back boiler help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have just bought a house that has a back boiler fitted. Its a baxi bermuda VP. It has a randall 103 timer fitted to it too. Here is the problem.....
I cant figure out how to have hot water on only...
I mean If i want hot water I seem to have to have the heating on as well.
Its driving me mad (and hot)
This is a terraced house and I doubt i will ever need the heating on ever cause its such a warm house!
Can anyone please suggest or help?
If this doest make sense please say and i will try to rephrase
Thanks

Sponsored Links
SOUNDS like the diverter valve stick or it may be the spindle stuck if you take off the head and turn it with some plyers.

Sponsored Links
Would guess that maybe you haven't noticed the rocker switch on the right hand side of the programmer or possibly your anti gravity valve is knackered.

think the problem is i dont know how to choose one or the other??

Here is a pic of the timer switch and a pic of the actual back boiler...

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

A pic of the airing cupboard and pipes would be good and pump if you can find one. Would be a good idea to book her in for a service aswell....ignore switch advise was thinking of a 102 for some reason.

The rocker switch seems to have three options..

Top - Timer
Middle - Off
Bottom - Constant

Does everyone understand what i mean about actually selecting what i want on?

Yes which is why we thinkl you have a duff diverter valve in the aiuring cupboard.

You can have hot water only, or central heating WITH hot water. If it is the other way round then you have a faulty control.

I dont understand what your problem is with understanding what each one of the three possibilities mean!

Surely you know what "off" means?

Surely you know what "constant" means?

Surely you can guess the "times" means the time registered on the clock dial as selected or over ridden by the red/blue wheel switch.

This timeclock has been in production for at least 37 years !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

Am only used to new style heating, i.e touch pad central heating at mum and dads!

I do understand what the options mean (think i am coming across as a right dense arse)

I get that off means off etc - but when i select off, it all goes off, when i select on it all goes on and not just the water, same with setting the timer. I set it to come on at 8am and i wake up sweating cause all the rads are on too as well as having hot water.

have you thought about getting that minging boiler serviced? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back