back boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi was just wondering if any one could help me out with a minor problem, i have a baxi back boiler system and one of the rads upstairs is always half cold,
i have bleed the system several times and it still does not solve the problem ,
the expansion tank in the loft is full and the ball cock working fine so am lost as to what to do next, any ideas would be gratefully recived

Sponsored Links
ps. forgot to say when you bleed the rad in question no water comes out its like the rad is only half full, you some times get a small hiss of air if i have't bleed it for a while but thats it.

some times a very small amount , but just sat there for 10 min with the valve open and nothing came out

Sponsored Links
Try bleeding when the pump or heating is off, when the heating is on the air could be sucked into the system instaed of vented

ok ill switch heating off and give it a try,
is the pump the one beneath the hot water tank or behind the cover on the fire ?
if it is the one behind the cover it is on leval 2 the one in the airing cuboard is not numbered there is just a large flat head screw to turn

also forgot to say when the heating is off the rad that stays half cold is luke warm not sure if this makes a difference ,

thanyou for your help by the way as you may of gatthered my plumbing knowledge is pretty crap

thanks guys ! im an idiot just switched the heating off bleed it again and problem solved , i only ever think about it when the heating comes on so never bleed it when the heating is off , thats todays lesson learnt ! thanks again to all of you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back