Back boiler won't fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please.
I've just installed new bathroom suite and in doing so I turned off the hot water at the programmer and drained h/w cylinder down to install shower pump.
Bungalow has a back boiler and now that I'm finished I've turned the h/w back on and the back boiler won't fire up so no hot water!
Fuse ok at programmer (red light on)
Pump getting hot but doing nothing.
Pilot light on at gas fire.
Any ideas please as to why boiler won't fire up?
Nothing been altered apart from turning prog off. All working fine before I did that. :eek:
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
pump seized, doubt it, or programmer not working/ reset correctly. Normally a fused spur next to back boiler on side of breast wall, is it switched on?

Prog must be OK if pump running.

If you have drained hot water cylinder check overheat stat on boiler.

Simond,
How do I check overheat stat? Where should it be, what does it look like?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
What BBU is it?

Even with a failed pump, I would expect the boiler main burner to fire up, albeit only for a few seconds until the boiler stat shut off as the still water heated up very quickly.

have you checked the pump to make sure its definetly not seized (bleed screw) and did you maybe turn the boiler stat and or cylinder stat down too when you turned off the boiler.

i know... im back in tomorrow, and dreading it. our new uniform shirts are bloody sailcloth or suchlike... i break a sweat just walking to my van :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back