back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a back boiler in the front room, does this simply heat the CH, as the immersion heats the tap water? If so, could I get rid and have electric panel heaters and it not affect the boiler in the airing cupboard, therefore allowing me to remove the rads in the house?

Im asking really because it is about 1982 when the BB(Myson) was fitted (when house was built), and like others have posted, it looks a little "dated", although the surround has improved things a lot. The concern is that i spend 2-3k on replacing the boiler/CH and for little in payback timewise, as I doubt I would save all THAT much with a new setup.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your boiler probably heats the cylinder aswell.

An immersion is an electrical element inside the cylinder not the cylinder itself.

I dont think many people would want electric heaters if they didn't have to.

Much better to upgrade the system with a nice new boiler.

would you recommend british gas as installers, or are they still rip-off prices compared to everyone else, as used to be the case?

Sponsored Links
They will be expensive. Get 3 quotes. To some extent you get what you pay for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back