Back door out of plane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a door badly out of the plane of the door frame, the bottom is probably 10mm or more non-flush with the jamb.

Could someone give some advice on how I should move the hinges in order to make it flush?

The obvious thing (to me) would be to move the bottom hinge towards the outside by ~10mm, but there is not enough room to do that. The door also seals at the hinge side so moving the bottom hinge would prevent the door from closing.

Attachments

• door1.png
    door1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • door2.png
    door2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
Rather dangerous to hang a door out of the back of a plane!

its the diagonal opposite you kick out to bring it in
i would go opposite top out2.5mm opposite bottom in 2.5mm that will leave all corners 2.5mm out

Kick the frame in or out to handle the twist instead and reseal afterwards

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, ill look at moving the frame.
Occurred to me that if 3 corners are fine, then implies either the frame or the door must be warped, so I'll look at resolving that (or replacing the whole lot)

Could be either, but it really doesn't matter because you'll never flatten a door, so generally best to get the frame to fit the door. You can also shift one of the hinges out a bit if that helps

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back