Back Duo Tec with Nest Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just got a Nest mini and wired it in to my Baxi Duo-Tec, L,N,E are obvious, then common (1) on the receiver to 2 on the boiler diagram, heating on (3) on the receiver to 1 on the boiler diagram. I’ve removed the loop that linked 1 and 2 on the boiler.

Everything comes on fine and I can hear the receiver switching as I change the target temperature on the thermostat, but the boiler doesn’t fire up. I’ve put my meter across terminals 1 and 2 on the boiler in buzzer mode and it buzzes as you’d expect.

The boiler has an inbuilt analog timer. Do I need to disconnect that at all? That timer has a 4 pin connector onto the main board. I’ve tried it with and without but no dice.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• image 2.jpeg
    image 2.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Confused, my Nest mini's some are USB, some coaxial plugs, but that is just for power, all connection are with the wireless LAN does all sorts, turning lights on/off, connecting to radio, and other internet.

I am sure it can do a lot more, but not with any hard wired connection.

Sponsored Links
Confused, my Nest mini's some are USB, some coaxial plugs, but that is just for power, all connection are with the wireless LAN does all sorts, turning lights on/off, connecting to radio, and other internet.

I am sure it can do a lot more, but not with any hard wired connection.
I suspect it is really a "Hive" mini :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back