Baxi Duo Tec & Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I read Stem’s post about installing the Nest with the Baxi - first of all thanks for your post to m the install. I’ve followed the instructions for it, connected it all as was pictured on the duo-Tec boiler. Singed in and all that business, select to turn off the heat and it’s not cutting out at all. On the app and software etc it’s saying all connected and no issue but it’s obviously a disconnect somewhere. I’ve rest the boiler and app/thermostat - no joy.

Wiring diagram in the nest booklet has a loop from port 2 to the live on the heat link. But I saw in someone else’s post that wouldn’t be correct, as we’re connected direct into the L&N in the boiler. If I read that right?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, many thanks!

Sponsored Links
If I understand it correctly, you don’t need the link in your situation.

1665794370405.png

It would seem this is the circuit diagram, there has been a debate on where the neutral should come from, and I have missed out the earth bonding, So it needs 3 core and earth boiler to heat link.

When I fitted it to my system, I found the anti legionnaires software was switching the boiler on when not required, and the geofencing was turning off the boiler when it was required, and the smart programming was adding bits to the schedule.

So I had to disable them all in the software which means the Nest was no longer doing any of the smart functions, which raises the question why fit Nest?

Sponsored Links
1&2 from the boiler to 2&3 on the nest
L&N FROM Boiler TO L&N on nest no links

If you dont have enough cores
L&N to L&N
2 from boiler to 3 on nest
Link L&2 on nest

you cant have 1 from the boiler to 2 on nest and have alink or it will never go off

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back