Back heater cover door seal on zanussi condensing drier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a TC7103W Zanussi drier that is 16 yrs old and has worked ok until recently when it started dripping water. I could see at the back of the condenser unit that it was fairly gunged up so after watching utube videos I took the back heater and dust channel cover off. The panel was stuck and took some shifting. Some of the seal came away. Looked on e-spares and a new one is £53!! As only about 8 inches of the seal broke off could I use some sealant on it to ensure a good fit on reassembly? The muck under the cover was unbelievable and am still trying to clean it up. Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
At that age i guess the filters are perished, maybe the casing cracked or brittle. I would think about replacing it, 16 years is past expectation.

Thanks for that. Have cleaned all the gunk out, what a job that was. Stuck the seal bit that had come off back on with glue. Have used drier once since with a clothes wash but leaking tended to occur with sheets or towels dry. Doing a towel wash today so will see what happens. If it still drips then as you say it may be time for a replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back