back to basics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, Its my second boiler in 40years.The first was a potterton c55/16,the current one is a potterton kingfisher 2,gravity hot water,pumped heating.The pump was a grundfos super 4-50 single speed.When I tried to adjust the variable adjustment arm it started to leak,so after 40years I fitted a grundfos 15/60 three speed.It dose not seem to matter what speed I use the rads are all hot and plenty of hot water,so I have left it set on one.Now for the basics.If water travels slowly around the system dose it give out more heat,or should I turn the pump up to push as much water through the boiler as possible. Regards bill.

Sponsored Links
You should run the pump at the lowest setting you can that will make your ch and hw function and perform properly. If all is fine on 1, leave it on 1.

Running the pump faster than you need can cause other problems, eg. pumping over, which can severely damage your rads. It will also make the system noisier than necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back