Back to wall toilet!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with finding BTW toilet where the pipe connection from the toilet is above the height of the plinth of the unit so it backs against the panel. A built in shelf under where the cistern will go is also in the way so when a whole is cut for the pipe to connect to soil pipe the hole needs to be above this shelf. It would still leave a gap between the base and unit as the plinth is not flush with the whole unit. Unless there is a BTW toilet with a higher position pipe then this unit is useless.

Do they sell BTW toilets where the pipe is higher so will fit flush with unit?
It means I can't have just any BTW toilet. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Having problems with finding BTW toilet where the pipe connection from the toilet is above the height of the plinth of the unit so it backs against the panel. A built in shelf under where the cistern will go is also in the way so when a whole is cut for the pipe to connect to soil pipe the hole needs to be above this shelf. It would still leave a gap between the base and unit as the plinth is not flush with the whole unit. Unless there is a BTW toilet with a higher position pipe then this unit is useless.

Do they sell BTW toilets where the pipe is higher so will fit flush with unit?
It means I can't have just any BTW toilet. Thanks.

This is how most of the units seem to come - you will need to adjust them to fit. the plinth is designed to be recessed otherwise it would look strange. I know it leaves a little gap but you can always infill this with a little offcut of the plinth. The "shelf" more often than not needs to be cut to accomodate the waste pipe - but remember this isn't really a shelf, its just there to maintain the rigidity - you will just need to re-enforce the unit with some 2x1 or similar to keep its structure once you have cut the bottom shelf.

It does seem strange I know but manufacturers cant make units to fit every kind of height of soil pipe.... Most of the units I have had to fit will involve cutting a half moon shape out of the plinth to accomodate the waste pipe from the WC.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.
The combination unit is 600mm sink unit and 600mm w/c unit. 340mm deep.
Unit height 800mm.

The recessed plinth is 150mm high. I would say the hole to be cut, the middle of the hole would to clear the plinth and shelf would be 250mm. That would be the centre of the hole to be cut. I wish I could post and image of the units I have.
Then once the hole is cut the toilet would slide in but would leave a gap between the plinth and toilet. I have seen flush panels down to the floor so no gap.
I have looked at BTW toilets in books and they vary in height. Would this make the pipe higher? I am so tempted to buy another unit straight from the shop with a compatiable btw toilet. This would come to about £400 I reckon. The unit I have here I bought from Bathroom.city.com 2.5 yrs ago and only have the time to do it all now.
That with the cistern cam to £350 +.
I am fed up! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back