Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some advice please....
I'm a ex tiler and I am currently building a house for me and my family.
I have 2 en suites and a bathroom that are currently at the studwork / blockwork stage.
During my relatively short time as a tiler I did not actually have to prepare any walls from this stage as it was all tiling older houses and not new builds.
Therefore I am hoping for some advice as top what to use between cement backer board or the insulated panels, 6mm or 10mm or 12mm?
I want to achieve the flatest and most secure background as possible as I do not want to have to deal with any issues in the future.
But as ever I need to watch the pennies.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kind regards,
Mark.

Sponsored Links
Is this SIPS or timber frame? If there is already a board 10 or 6mm will be fine.

@motorbiking - No boards as a new build. 1 wall of block work and the others are all timber studwork. I am thinking 12mm would be best but not sure if cement board of the lightweight stuff?

Sponsored Links
FWIW: use 12mm backerboard on all wet walls or future potentially wet walls - stud or solid.
12mm matches up flush with plasterboard.
Cheapest B/B is best.

OP,
are you OK with framing a bathroom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back