backup battery for Honeywell ST9420. How long?

vsn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

On a Honeywell ST9420, the programming is kept indefinitely in NVRAM, but the date/time is kept by a backup battery.

I'm hoping someone can tell me how long the backup battery is supposed to keep the date/time for.

Currently if power goes for 10 minutes, the date/time is ok, but if it goes for an hour or more, the date/time need resetting.

Honeywell Technical Support are unable to tell me, so I'm hoping someone here can...

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I bought a new programmer from Wickes. It had been sitting on the floor for two weeks. When I powered it up, the date/time were already set correctly.

So I took the old one apart. I found that the battery is a Lithium CR2032 so the clock should be able to run without power for years.
[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Well why not say so in proper English? :rolleyes: Thanks anyway. My life is now complete knowing that.

Charming. Once I had deciphered your coded message I was going to offer a suggestion, but not a chance now. WTF is "what the f**k" Happy now.

Charming. Once I had deciphered your coded message I was going to offer a suggestion, but not a chance now. WTF is "what the f**k" Happy now.

You could have looked it up, it would have taken you less time. But no, you wanted to whinge.

If I was rude like you I would have told you what to do with your suggestion. But I'm nice, so I won't.

Strange that no one has come forward to help you as of now isn't it? I wonder why that is? Now, where's that ignore button?

Strange that no one has come forward to help you as of now isn't it? I wonder why that is? Now, where's that ignore button?

That's because I found the answer myself. I posted it.

You'd know it if you concentrated on reading instead of moaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back