Clock Not Working on Hive 2 Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Hoping someone could help with this problem.

Once I set the date and time on the Hive 2 thermostat, the display stays on that day/time (i.e. date/clock does not increment), meaning I can't set timers for central heating. For example, if I set the date/clock to 17/Oct/2023 09:20 in the settings on the 'stat, it remains this way until manually reset.

I have removed the batteries to reset the 'stat, as well as replacing with new batteries. I've also done a factory reset of the 'stat, re-syncing it up with the receiver, but to no avail.

This is a standalone setup (i.e. no Hive hub involved), and the receiver only has the central heating option.

Any ideas as how this could be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
How old is the thermostat? @ianmcd might be the man for this (tagged in, so he'll see it)

Thanks Chris, not sure on the age, it was in the house when I moved in a year ago. Might have been installed a couple of years before that.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks Chris, not sure on the age, it was in the house when I moved in a year ago. Might have been installed a couple of years before that.
Can you post a pic of the thermostat please and I will have a look for you, it sounds like there was a Hub and the previous owners have removed it by mistake try setting your Hive into standalone mode so it isnt looking for the hub , here is a video of how you do it , although if you have broadband you would be better getting a hub, plenty on ebay and they are not expensive, then you will have full control from your mobile phone

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,
Please find attached front and rear views of thermostat. Hopefully this will help.

As you can see, I last set the date and time this morning at 10:03, and now, at nearly 4pm, it still shows the same time.

Attachments

• IMG-20231018-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20231018-WA0001.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20231018-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20231018-WA0000.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi Ian,

Yes, I had followed that exact process previously, to no avail.

It has been OK since we moved in last year, and the previous owner didn't have a hub either. This problem has just occurred recently, in the last week or so.

Hi Ian,

Yes, I had followed that exact process previously, to no avail.

It has been OK since we moved in last year, and the previous owner didn't have a hub either. This problem has just occurred recently, in the last week or so.
Then I think your only option is a new setup, have you tried removing the batteries for about an hour ? the unit has a capacitor which needs to be discharged to get a complete reset, worth a try , if that doesnt work new set up Im afraid

Well, took all of the batteries out for about 4 hours, just to be sure, but no change to the date/time display after reinserting them, and the 'stat had booted up.

What does the new setup comprise? Is it a new thermostat?

Well, took all of the batteries out for about 4 hours, just to be sure, but no change to the date/time display after reinserting them, and the 'stat had booted up.

What does the new setup comprise? Is it a new thermostat?
you could possibly get away witha new thermostat, but no guarentee it will pair with your existing receiver, good chance it will but they dont always, I would get a new pair and if the stat does bind then you have a spare receiver, have to admit I have never seen the problem you have before, might be worth giving Hive a call or web chat with them, have to say though not the best but someone there might have seen this before , they possibly will send you a free setup they seem to be doing that a lot recently their number is 0333 202 9614

Thanks for your support, Ian.

I did raise a thread on the community forum, just before I had posted on this one, but haven't checked for any responses as yet. Will do so now, and if nothing, will use the number you provided to contact them directly.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back