Hive TRV question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have the hive room thermostat, receiver and hub. I’m thinking of adding 6 hive TRV's to the system but I’m wondering whether they can control the boiler independently of the room thermostat. For example, if say, the room thermostat is set to say 23° and 5 of the 6 TRV's have reached their set temperature, when the room stat is satisfied but one hive TRV isn’t, does the boiler keep going until that TRV has reached the set temperature or are they all controlled by the room stat? If not, do you have to balance the system so that the rad in the room with the room stat heats up last?

Sponsored Links
You can find an explanation of how the TRV's and Room Thermostat work together here. This is the current version, if your Room Thermostat is an older model, I don't know.

Sponsored Links
Seem to remember reading 22ºC was the limit and once the wall thermostat hits that limit demand for heat stops working, but there was talk about changing it so the user can set the limit, don't know if that happened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back