Bad ceilings and walls, old DIY job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Fairly handy around the house, have painted a few walls in my time. What was meant to be a quick paint job in the living room has turned into a bit of a nightmare. Previous terribly prepped and executed DIY job from the looks of it.

Two main issues:

1) bulging in walls and ceiling. Painting over previously peeling paint, badly filled holes, etc. Pics attached. Ceiling, see 2) below...

View media item 104547
View media item 104548
2) cracks in walls and ceiling.

MESH TAPE. It was applied terribly and filled over even worse so it bulged our really badly. I tore into it and now I don’t know if I should just fill with polyfilla all purpose (as planned) or use something else and/or if I need to use tape at all? Cracks in middle of the wall and ceiling not on joints as far as I can see. Same for the wall but no tape. Cracks look scary so I’m concerned...

View media item 104553View media item 104552View media item 104551View media item 104550View media item 104549
Any help or advice really welcome! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
They appear in the post when I look at it. Not sure why they’re not showing?
They're showing up in the BB code, but not appearing when viewed. I'd guess it's permissions, they're uploaded but only you are allowed to see them.

To replicate, open up an InPrivate browser session and try to view this thread.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back