Cracked plaster/brickwork advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice on how to manage some cracks internally to 2 bedrooms, plus some cracks in an external garden wall.

The first is a diagonal crack is in a bedroom underneath a window.

Looking externally I can see some cracked brickwork and possible repointing required but can't see anything that matches the internal crack direction.

In the opposite bedroom we have a similar crack, its higher up and has a bigger looking crack in the corner join with the ceiling.

With the external wall I can't see anything that matches the direction of the internal crack.

I have noticed there's a crack in the concrete lintel above this bedroom and it looks to be some more repointing work required.

Looking in the loft I can see some evidence of cracking in some of the mortar joints.

Wondering if anyone knows if repointing the brickwork and fixing the internal plaster should be sufficient to deal with the observed cracks or whether it's worth getting a surveyor in to investigate further?

In addition to the internal cracks we have a retaining garden wall that has the following vertical crack.

It's been there since we moved in a few years ago and we've been monitoring it since. It hasn't grown and the wall is stable but wondering if there is anything we should do in terms of fixing this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back