bad circulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My husband and I have just renovated our property and installed a new central heating system using polypipe and pushfit valves. We have a Combi Boiler Simi 100C which is situated in the garage loft and a run of 13 radiators throughout the house. We fitted the heating in stages, upstairs first and used radiators of the correct size to each room.

We carefully bled the whole system and added corrosion inhibitor. After a couple of weeks, we found that the rads furthest from the boiler were not getting warm , although the thermostatic valve body was red hot we have tried to inhibit the flow to the hottest rads and turn down the valves, but it doesn't work for long, anyone able to help. Have bled the rads again, but no difference

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks very much, will invest in a thermostat and do the balancing act :D

Could you recommend one, I heard that there is a good digital one available

What happens when you turn some radiators off? Cold radiators start to warm up? If this is the case then yes the system does need balancing.

However if they don't then it could be that you have an airlock on the return pipe leading from those last radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back