Noisy rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we recently had a radiator with a pin hole downstairs. I replaced it and took the opportunity to drain down the system and replace the inhibitor as well. Ever since, the radiator in our bedroom has become noisy when the heating first starts up. Which is annoying first thing on a morning! We no longer need an alarm clock. It sounds like the water surging inside. It lasts a few minutes and then stops. The pressure on the boiler is fine (WB CD29i combi boiler) and I've bled the rads. The noisy rad is the one that always collects the air. We have three other rads upstairs and all of those have the valve turned almost closed as we only want them luke warm. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Still sounds like air in the system, I had similar issues when I had a combi boiler. Guys with farm more knowledge will be along shortly.

Yes, you look to have been right. I kept bleeding every day and getting a little more air out and it seems to have worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back