Noisy Rads with new Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house renovation project thats half way through, just had a new combi installed in an airing cupboard, whilst we can live with the expected boiler noise we are struggling to accept the noisy rads.

The radiator in the main bedroom has a 'under pressure' water noise i.e like water squirting through it. The system is part on original micro bore and as yet only 5 rads are on the system. The noisy one is closest to the boiler.

When we get the other 5 rads on the system is this likely to quiten down the bedroom rads, as the pump will be working to supply other rads thus reducing the pressure in the bedrooms, is this logical? does the pressure in each rad reduce the more you have on the system?

Sponsored Links
If you are renovating a house, I would take the opportunity to scrap the microbore and replace it with 15mm.

As for the noises, you will know if they can be got rid of when they're not there anymore.

I agree, bin the microbore. An Automatic Bypass Valve across flow and return, near the boiler, will reduce the pressure across the rads, and reduce your noise. You can also try turning the lockshield valves right down. They 'll only need to be open half a turn or so, probably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back