Bad Gardening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I moved into my flat the front garden was all rubble. Apparently the the owner before last was a mechanic and piled his cars in.

Anyway......... the wife and I decided to lay turf. We raked up all the rubble. put down top soil. Laid the turf. 2 years later it's all drying up. A lot of it looks dead. Can I revive it? I've tried the weed and feed from B&Q but it made no difference.

At the smae time we had some turf left over so we raked up the stones round the back and laid it directly on the soil. Some of it has always been soggy. The soggy area doesn't get any sun because of the neighbours shed. Is this the cause of the soggyness?

I hate gardening. I never want to garden again. I wish I'd never touched it. The flat is on the market and when we move I want low maintenance slabs and stones.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are you sure it isn't just the weather?

The grass is probably just dormant and not dead and will recover when we get rain again.

All the lawns round here are brown, apart from a few idiots wasting ridiculous amounts of water :rolleyes:

Normally there's no justification in watering grass, but if you've people coming round to see your house maybe it might make it look a bit nicer.
A few pounds on a few plants generally would be a good investment if you're trying to sell it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back