Bad practice to extend water supply and waste outlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I went to fit a intergrated dishwasher the waste and cold feed had been extended to about 4 meters,hidden behind a washing machine and a cupboard with no access.The cold feed was 2 hoses joined together.
I thought it was poor and advised customer to have supply and waste moved to next cupboard so it was accesssable so standard hoses with dishwasher could be used.
Is it normal to extend hoses and are the manufactures ok with it,warranty etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Who knows what the warranty situation could be, but so long as the waste rises sharply up from the machine then has a gentle continuous fall to the drain it should cope with it...it wouldn't like loops of drain hose though.
I guess every installation is different and your idea about shifting the drain is a good one.
As for the cold feed, 2.5m pipes are available - I prefer these to jointers.
Only my opinion though :p
John :)

Alot of manufactuers say dont exstend beyond 1.5 meters . Its always bad practice to take the appliance to the services rather then take the services to the appliance and let me guess the exstended hose's are to be run behind a built in washing machine so that when it comes to servicing the dishwasher you would have to pull the washer out first :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . On top of that im guessing you will fit it on a sink spigot/nozzle under the sink so all the lovely smell of stale stagnant water rise's out of the sink when it comes to drain lol YES?

Told them i wasnt prepared to do job untill they sorted services out closer to appliance,not happy at all :cry: .
Sort of people who would cut corners to get it fitted then hang you out to dry as soon as a problem arose.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back