Installing a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps!

I'm thinking of installing a dishwasher in the kitchen, it would have to go next to the washing machine, close to the sink. Would I need a separate cold water feed and waste water outlet or is it possible to join these to what is already there for the washing machine/sink?!

Any advice would be appreciated - otherwise I'm sticking with me marigolds and brillo pads!! :LOL:

Thanks
Meeshy

Sponsored Links
Hi Meeshy,should be quite easy if your putting it near the sink and you have a washing machine plumbed in already! Probably the easiest way to get a water supply is by either using a 'Y' piece which screws onto your existing supply to give you 2 outlets,or a self-cutting valve thingy that you clamp to the water pipe and screw into to get a supply that way.
With draining out you can also get the same type of self-cutting valve that clamps onto the drain pipe.
Other thing you would need to consider is an electrical supply of course.

Beware the jabberwocky, likewise the self cutting thingy :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back