Badgers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wrecking my new grass at 1.30am.

I'm not sure how they got in, would they climb/jump a wall or would they neeed a gap?

IMG_9341.JPG

I've got some CCTV cameras that I'm going to set up tonight.

Sponsored Links
Wrecking my new grass at 1.30am.

I'm not sure how they got in, would they climb/jump a wall or would they neeed a gap?

I've got some CCTV cameras that I'm going to set up tonight.
good, I can't see a thing there:unsure: I think they dig under ( or a gap ) rather than climb over.

Is that any better? My neighbour sent me the picture this morning then my missus called and said the grass was all dug up.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I set some cameras up last night and got a couple of Foxes along, I'll have to watch it to see if the Badgers came later on.

IMG_9371.JPG

You got some bunny rabbits as well -you see them in the foreground, they are watching the fox :ROFLMAO:

presumably the badger detects food under the grass. What do you think it might be?

presumably the badger detects food under the grass. What do you think it might be?

I thought nuts from the bird feeder but some of there digging is nowhere near so maybe some kind of roots?

RSPCA said:
How can I stop badgers digging up my garden?
Badgers may dig up lawns for insect larvae (particularly leatherjackets) or for a latrine that may be dug to mark their territories. Latrines are most conspicuous in the spring and to a lesser extent in the autumn. Digging lawns for leatherjackets and grubs is most pronounced in the late autumn and early spring. As this damage is limited to certain periods of the year, many gardeners find it easier to tolerate rather than trying to exclude badgers from their garden. The application of an appropriate pesticide might be considered to remove the insects that are attracting the badgers to the lawn. Alternatively, biological control products containing tiny predatory nematode worms are available online, from garden centres or by mail order for use against insects such as leatherjackets.

I know he's digging up your garden, but it's great to have em! I've only ever seen dead ones who've been run over.

They may also be digging up worms, another staple food for them. Just think of it as your very own wildlife show and enjoy them while you can. Just replace the divots in the morning. They will probably have a routine track they use into, or through, the garden, either 'barging' through a gap with their shoulders or digging under a fence. Remember they are very powerful diggers, with quite fearsome claws. They are also beautiful creatures to watch and will be very wary of people, but can become friendly over time and can be hand-fed if you are careful and lucky.

It is cool to have them.

Someone said they love sugar puffs?

Neighbour puts out dog food (good hedgehogs also). Another mate puts out table scraps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back