Baffled by Trianco!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Hopefully some other engineers on here can shed some experiences!

I have a customer (local zoo) with two Trianco Iona HE 50/90 oil boilers both running the reptile house(great to work in NOT). Now they have given no end of problems but my main one is they seem to be far to tightly baffled. I have heard it rumoured that others have had this problem and Trianco have sent their engineers out to check, only to be found with an angle grinder opening up the baffles?
I have found they are so tight that when the combustion chamber door is fitted, the insulation must almost cut off the gas flueway, as it press' onto it!

Anyone know how much they took off the baffles, or what else they did?

The normal symptoms are sooting of the photocell, wet blast tube etc..

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You may find that the baffles, through lack of regular servicing, get a large build up of sulphur deposits and the like, which makes them fit tightly. I've not seen baffles that fit tightly, mostly its warped, cracked or broken baffles that I've encountered !!

Thanks for the thought but I have serviced them for two years now (they are 3 years old) and I get them pretty spotless and they dont seem to get that dirty or have many deposits.

The cutouts in the baffles are only around 3mm by 22mm long, not much at all compared to most other boilers.

Sponsored Links
Not sure then....... if you can get away with nipping a bit off, then it shouldn't do much harm, you'll see once you've serviced and analysed them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back