trianco he110 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Oilhead,
after reading your articles on trianco baffles, could you please give me some information on where to cut these baffles, to stop my blast tube and flame sensor from sooting up every month, Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that all your other settings are correct, i.e oil pressure, new nozzle, combustion head from end of nozzle and the baffles are clear, then if sooting persists, you can try SLIGHTLY opening up the end of the baffles where the gas flow passes. 3-4 mm should help it.

Thanks very much for the swift reply, but not sure where you mean, when you say the end of baffles, where the gas flow passes, could you please clarify for me, Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The baffles direct the flue gases in a certain pattern. The gaps alternate from end to end. These are what MAY need opening up.
Beware of what you are doing if uncertain as you may find it impossible to get replacements if you c*ck it up.

thanks again for the reply, I assume these gaps are already there, but need opening up, I will have to have a look, to see what you mean, if I c**k it up ,I can always get bits welded in, Thanks.

Why don't you phone trianco up and talk to russ in technical and he'll help you also give the boiler a good scrub out I went to one of these and found the baffles tight due to build p of muck on the baffle supports cleaned them off all ok ( just a thought) :D

Why don't you phone trianco up and talk to russ in technical and he'll help you also give the boiler a good scrub out I went to one of these and found the baffles tight due to build p of muck on the baffle supports cleaned them off all ok ( just a thought) :D

Oil Boffin,
I don't know whether you have read my previous posts, but attacking the baffles with an angle grinder is very much a last resort.
I commissioned two 'identical' boilers in this range, and they suffered from the sooting up from the outset. I was in contact with Trianco, while they still were Trianco, to query several points in the specification.
The manuals had different settings to the labels on the boilers, which were both different, and the configuration of the combustion heads was different on each burner. One had a break plate behind the diffuser, and the diffusers were both different.
Upon comparing the baffles, there was a marked difference between items which should have been identical, withi a single boiler. After setting up to revised settings given by phone, the problem persisted, and my customer was not in agreement with my suggestion to 'ease' the baffles, so I called in Trianco.
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend when their engineer came, but another tradesman on site told me exactly what had been done, which was the baffles were opened out with an angle grinder. Their engineer however, declined to communicate this to the customer, only saying that now the boiler had been set up to the recommended settings he should have no trouble. My customer assumed that I did not know what I was doing, so consequently I lost him, and several others who he told about my 'incompetence'.
I was quite pleased to see Trianco fold up.

Hello again Oilhead, I got round to having a look at my boiler baffles today, the middle 4 have 3 x cutouts on the top outside edge, each gap measures 25 x5mm are these the ones that need opening up ?, the max amount that can be taken out inwards is 5mm, as then you come up against the vertical support face, there are no cutouts in the top and bottom baffles, Thanks.

Yes,open up the gaps you have. The top and bottom ones are, from memory, shorter than the others so if the inside of the boiler are clean, then you should be clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back