Trianco Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Trianco oil fuelled boiler system which until recently was working fine. Having stopped we've had a chap in to look at it and he has now replaced several components (every one that could be replaced apparently) but still no joy and he's baffled.
The boiler fires up for about 10 seconds and then cuts out. The flow of oil is fine so there is no obvious reason for this - if anyone has experience with this type of boiler I would be grateful to hear from them.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The sky's the limit here, but I'd look at the photocell first, and then make really sure the oil supply is plentiful and not contaminated with water.
John :)

The photocell is brand new, the oil supply is ample and comes through unobstructed too. Thanks for your posts but must be something else. :(
Sorry.. additional important note is that the two bafflers were badly damaged, the first looked like it had been melted on one corner and the 2nd is cracked. I'm guessing the whole thing may need replacing but hoping there might be an alternative!!

Sponsored Links
Photo cell is seeing flame / false flame during purge??

To test this theory.

Remove photo cell and keep in dark until after purge.

Expose to light source when flame established.

If burner continues to fire.......Theory proven.

Don't think there are much to the baffles on these so not too much of a problem there. The only other option for the burner problem is a process of elimination. Is this a balanced flue model? Room sealed? Has the nozzle been changed? Control boxes can give this fault as can solenoids/coils too and of course never rule out a faulty new part!

Is the flame lighting up during the pre-purge due to a solenoid valve letting by, this would cause a lock-out as described - there should be NO FLAME untill the solenoid coil is energised. ;)

TBH yopu "oil engineer" is not much Cop - it's not even an intermittant fault!! :LOL:

Are you sure it fires up for 10 secs. Did you see the flames, or was it going through a 10 sec purge, then going to lockout because it did not fire up.

We have a Trianco oil fuelled boiler system which until recently was working fine. Having stopped we've had a chap in to look at it and he has now replaced several components (every one that could be replaced apparently) but still no joy and he's baffled.
The boiler fires up for about 10 seconds and then cuts out. The flow of oil is fine so there is no obvious reason for this - if anyone has experience with this type of boiler I would be grateful to hear from them.
Thanks in advance.

The problem is almost certainly the photo detector which got sooted over. A problem with these boilers. I openned up the baffle slots a bit as suggested by someone else on this forum and placed a computer fan on the input air intake. Fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance.

The problem is almost certainly the photo detector which got sooted over. A problem with these boilers. I openned up the baffle slots a bit as suggested by someone else on this forum and placed a computer fan on the input air intake. Fingers crossed!

I'm sure it's sorted by now.
The post was last January. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back