electro oil stirling 40 burner problem

Hi again

Unfortunately there is no filter on this particular danfoss oil pump! thats a first.

I have checked the rope seals and all ok also carried out another combution check burning nice and clean not sure about what the CO2 should be but set at 10.9%.

C how long it runs for this time!

Sponsored Links
As the motor capacitor has been mentioned a couple of times I am wandering if it fails to start the motor intermittently maybe after a week or so and this is when lockout occurs!!

Hi again

Unfortunately there is no filter on this particular danfoss oil pump! thats a first.

I have checked the rope seals and all ok also carried out another combution check burning nice and clean not sure about what the CO2 should be but set at 10.9%.

C how long it runs for this time!
The pump should be a BFP11, undo the 4 allen screws on the front and remove the cover. The filter is underneath.
10.9% is good.

Sponsored Links
Well thanks again for your help

I managed to get the outlet valve from the tank to close and removed the filter found to be virtually blocked with deposits also removed and cleaned the oil pump filter and just as bad. this boiler was supposed to have been fully serviced 6 months ago!!

I carried out another combustion test and what a difference this has made the burner now much cleaner and ratio is now 0.0003

Hope this has now nailed the problem and thanks again for all your help

Steve

Thanks for that.

You are correct re no air tube connected to burner and the tank is slightly higher than boiler.

Forgot to say when I changed the nozzle just a week ago the existing nozzle was only fitted two weeks prior to that and noticed the inbuilt filter was slightly discoloured!
I am suspecting contamination in the oil as the outlet valve on the tank is not shutting off so not able to clean that filter!

Could the problem be a faulty motor or capacitor as these are the only 2 parts I havnt replaced yet?

The tank is 3/4 full so not able to fit an inline filter until the level drops to maybe 1/4 full
take a sample of oil from the oil pump flexi into a clear container so that you can inspect it.if you can not isolate the oil use vice grips to squeeze the flexi shut.extreme method but if you have no other choice etc.i would say the filter could be your problem.with a dodgy gatevalve it probably has not been serviced in a while.i would drain at least half a litre so that you get a good indication of the oils condition.check for a small amount of water also.goodluck.

Got the same problem again the customer rang to say its still intermittently locking out AGAIN.
Started on friday, it will run for a few minutes or hours!!!

so today i will order a new motor capacitor as everything else has been replaced apart from the motor and oil pump.

Any further help will be greatfull

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back