electro oil stirling 40 burner problem NAILED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With reference to my recent post regarding this problem I would just like to say Thanks for your help Especially Boilerman2.

IT WAS THE ACCESS DOOR SEAL causing recycling of the flue gasses!

I didnt actually check this as the previously so called competant company who carried out the last service should not have replaced this cover with half of the gasket missing. lesson learned, trust nobody.

This seal is no longer available so resealed with rope seal and high temperature silicone.

Carried out another combustion test today and all is ok.

thank you once again.

Steve

Sponsored Links
I'm so pleased you got there!! (the door seal issue was one I too learnt the hard way many years ago! mind you hard learnt lessons are the easiest to remember - wait untill you have a slipping drive coupling!! ;)

I need some help now I've got an old Rayburn stove which was converted to oil years ago the control box went the other day and I would love it if someone had a danfos bho 1b box kicking around I had a conversion kit put on by a sparky but was no good I've got it going with a very old box but need another cos if this one fails we've no heating and my wife is disabled

The BHO 11 is long obsolete, so the best you would get is another "old" one, so you would be no better off
Are you sure the "sparky" knew enough about oil burners to be able to wire the adapter base, thre are a couple of connections that have to be swapped in the original base plate, if this was not done corectly then this is the most likely cause of the new box not working!!

I would get an experienced oil burner engineer to have a look as I suspect if converted correctly your new control box would work ;)

Sponsored Links
Ha ha nice I've only been working on boilers for20years so I'm pretty new to it ,seriously the sparky I had is ok but when I tried the burner it worked twice then went into alarm mode :cry: :cry:

No offence intended, but I am intregued, with 20 years experience, why did you need a sparky to attempt to wire an adapter base into a fairly basic oil burner?? :confused: oh and we call Alarm mode LOCKOUT!! ;)

Why I got the spiky in was that I'd wired it in but to no avail as the control box wasn't on the burner it was on the wall going through no less than three switches so as you may see it wasn't so straight forward

If you don't know what boffin is then perhaps you should put simple in front of your surname :D :D Boffin is just my user name no one knows everything and I know it's called lockout I just read it on the diagram and I've just been told I can have two bho control boxes for free so thank god for people who save thing "just in case you need one"

Maybe not with your 37years but I'm a member of the ciphe I've just renewed my oftec qualification and I'm registered for invented cylinders I really do good honest work for my customers who are all more than happy with what I do for them I also report non compliant work when I find it and Im pleased to say I've seen lots of cowboys go under

Maybe not with your 37years but I'm a member of the ciphe I've just renewed my oftec qualification and I'm registered for invented cylinders I really do good honest work for my customers who are all more than happy with what I do for them I also report non compliant work when I find it and Im pleased to say I've seen lots of cowboys go under

Total Four King Bore locks!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back