Bahco Ratchet Screwdriver + Cordless = good package?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry for the lame questions - I'm quite new to tools and want to make sure I'm getting the right things.

I recently bought the twin pack of 14.4V Ryobi cordless drills from B and Q along with a set of B and D Piranha Hi Torsion screwdriver bits - both of which I'm really pleased with. They are for general DIY around the house, but I also maintain and fix guitars and was going to use them for that (unscrewing, screwing, etc.). I was advised that this could lead to costly and painful damage and I kind of agree..... But I do want to stop using the crap screwdrivers I've got and get something decent.

So I'm thinking about one of these:

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mv...&utm_medium=Google_Products&utm_campaign=Base

to use with my Piranha bits (so the bits can be used with both the powered and unpowered tools).

Just wondered whether this sounds like a good idea and if the Bahco is any good, or whether I should stick to "normal" screwdrivers (and if so, any suggestions)?

Also, will my Piranha bits fit the Bahco OK? And can I use longer bits with it (the 50mm ones)?

Would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Cheers

Max

Sponsored Links
yes, the bits will fit, you can use long or double ended bits without issues and bahco make good quality tools, even if this on is only £11 i would take it that it is durable - not having had my hands on one i'm going by the bahco repuation here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back