Small Cordless Screwdrivers

Those smaller impact drivers made by various brands including Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee etc are all much of a muchness really. They are all about the 100Nm mark for torque.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I am going to be slightly biased here, but for good reason.

The makita & bosch are both good tools, but the Milwaukee gives you 12v in the same size as the bosch & makita 10.8v.

Personally I would go for the impact every time. Once you have reguraly used an impact, you will never go back to a standard screw driver.

If you do go down the screwdriver route, go for the 2 speed versions now available, so you get a reasonable pilot drilling speed.

Ok, I am going to be slightly biased here, but for good reason.

The makita & bosch are both good tools, but the Milwaukee gives you 12v in the same size as the bosch & makita 10.8v.

Personally I would go for the impact every time. Once you have reguraly used an impact, you will never go back to a standard screw driver.

If you do go down the screwdriver route, go for the 2 speed versions now available, so you get a reasonable pilot drilling speed.

Impact, brass screws :eek:

Well, I decided to order the Makita 10.8v Impact Driver yesterday, so it should be with me soon...

I'll let you all know how I get on when it arrives :) :cool:

Sponsored Links
I've got the Makita 7.2V impact driver too, however has nowhere near the 100Nm of torque those ones give. This one has about 17Nm. Its good for tight areas however it spends most of its time with a countersink bit stuck at the end of it! :D

Well, they arrived today.

All I can tell you is that they feel like nice solid items, can't charge them up as the charger is 110v.. would have been nice if the ebay seller had told me that..

:confused:

Mine arrived today too...

Like you say, feels very solid indeed! Also came with a nice tough case, belt holster and screwdriver bit and bit case.

First impressions, although i was expecting it to be noisey, it's extremely loud. Appart from this seems fantastic. Batteries charge very quickly, and it seems to have pleanty of power.

I'll put it through a day's work tomorow, and see how it performs :)

All in all, so far, I'm very impressed! ;)

Got mine charged up today, really quite good.

They're smaller and lighter than my 14v stuff and very comparable in power, the drill easily does 16mm in pine and managed 32mm on the lower speed. Nothing like my 18v number of course but at least it coped.

The impact driver is almost identical in performance to the 14v one it's replacing, 5" number 12 into softwood easily.

The main benefit is when you need to work at height, saves carrying quite so much weight.

Well after 2 days of using mine I'm very pleased!

As you say, the weight is fantastic. Also, the battery life is incredible too. Mine hasn't let me down on any screw so far, i've only charged the battery once when it arrived and it's lasted 2 days and still going strong :eek:

I've also found it's a nice size to fit snuggly in the hammer holder on my tool belt :)

The only down side I've come accross, which may just be me; is that it's hard to tell how much torque you're giving the screw. I guess this will just come with practice.

All in all, great buy for less than £100 :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back