Small Cordless Screwdrivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again everyone.

I'm after some advise buying a cordless screwdriver.

I'm after a small cordless screwdriver that will be used daily for removing and replacing wooden boxing that covers pipes. I've already got a makita 18v drill driver, but I would like a small cordless that will fit in my tool tray that i carry round.

I purchased a cheap 3.6v one off ebay but it's useless.

I've been looking at the Bosch 10.8v ones which look pretty good, has anyone got or used one of these?

BoschDriverNews_1.jpg

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just found this makita DF030DWE 10.8v one too...

DF030DWE.jpg

Anyone used/got one of these?

I have the bosch one.

Absoloutly fantastic tool.

It will cope with just about anything upto a 3" no. 10 screw

Battery life is ok, and I normally get a full day of normal trade use out of mine. If they still do the kit with two batteries, then I'd recommend you go for that.

Thanks for your reply :D

After looking some more, I've found the MAKITA TD090DWE Impact Driver.

It looks very similar to the one above, however, has 90Nm max torque which is a lot more than both the Bosch and other Makita...

TD090DWE.jpg

Anyone tried one of these??

Sponsored Links
has the impact driver variable speed? if not trust me it'll twist the heads of a lot of screws. Don't get me wrong I've got an 18v Makita impact driver it's great in the right circumstances.

well it has no adjustable torque setting, hmmm, reckon at 90Nm you might be over egging it, what do you need it for? Sorry, you answered that one, I think it might be overkill. Nice bit of kit though :cool:

Basically I need it mainly for 3 things.

* Removing and replacing wooden boxing.

* Screwing down floor boards

* Screwing 10x2" screws into brow plugs

Which one should I go for? The Impact driver or the Makita drill/driver??

I have the bosch one.

Absoloutly fantastic tool.

It will cope with just about anything upto a 3" no. 10 screw

Battery life is ok, and I normally get a full day of normal trade use out of mine. If they still do the kit with two batteries, then I'd recommend you go for that.

Totally agree, the bosch is a excellent piece of kit. I very highly recommend this tool.

Yea, I've already seen those but they're beyond my budget.

I've found another one :confused:

It's a bosh GDR10.8V impact driver, with 100nm of torque :cool:

The bosch GDR and GSR 10.8V have their own uses. The impact driver is noisy and takes a a bit of practice to use without any torque adjustment. The GSR is a great all rounder with 17Nm of torque or so.

Check this vid out, gives a comparison of the two, ignore the names as they are the American naming variants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtWwIlAuSwo

The impact driver is noisy and takes a a bit of practice to use without any torque adjustment.

Although the Makita Impact Driver has 10nm less torque, it has a lot more RPM. So I think this will be the best for my needs.

Anyone actually got one though?

I bought the Makita twin pack yesterday but they haven't arrived yet :(

I'll give you my opinion once they do, I've got a larger Makita impact at the moment but fancied something lighter.

Cool, it would be great if you could let me know your opinions when you get them. Thanks. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back