"Bail In" v "Bail Out"

Sponsored Links
For Gold to become the basis for money either a lot of value would have to be lost or the gold in circulation would have to become much more valuable.

The paper backed pound has a value of around £800 Billion, which in current money equates to 16 Billion grams or 16 million kilos, or 16,000 tons. Twice that of the US's national reserve. Or as much as the US, France, Germany and Italy put together.

A round guess is that gold would need to be worth something like 40x as much for us to be able to convert modern paper money into gold backed money.

And how would you get this gold? Someone already owns all the gold in circulation, no one is going to be happy to give it up just so Rupert Murdoch's estate is properly backed.

Sponsored Links
...For the people that don't know, the Arizona voting audit has been leaked, the US military knew this was happening, Trump has been working for them, the US was attacked by a foreign power, the last thing Trump did before leaving office was to hand the power over to the military, Biden is no more President than me!.....

For Gold to become the basis for money either a lot of value would have to be lost or the gold in circulation would have to become much more valuable.

The paper backed pound has a value of around £800 Billion, which in current money equates to 16 Billion grams or 16 million kilos, or 16,000 tons. Twice that of the US's national reserve. Or as much as the US, France, Germany and Italy put together.

A round guess is that gold would need to be worth something like 40x as much for us to be able to convert modern paper money into gold backed money.

And how would you get this gold? Someone already owns all the gold in circulation, no one is going to be happy to give it up just so Rupert Murdoch's estate is properly backed.
Gold has risen to new highs lately, over £1,600 an Oz.
With the Central Banks printing money like it's going out of fashion it devalues, inflation is depreciation of the currency not inflation of the goods.
We are heading to what happened to the Reichsmark nearly a century ago in Germany and more recently in one of the south American countries recently and they have now done a deal with Russia and using gold.
I wouldn't be surprised to see prices reverting back to the 50s, just take a few 0s off the price

I first noticed Poland buying 225 tons of gold a few years ago which drew my attention to what's happening

Price of gold over 25 years, there was a spike in 2008 and again 2020 and still rising

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_144604_org.privacywall.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_144604_org.privacywall.browser.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230425_144550_org.privacywall.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_144550_org.privacywall.browser.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 20
The Beeb beat you to it. Unless that's where you got it?

The Beeb beat you to it. Unless that's where you got it?

I don't watch the BBC, have they reported on Deutsche Bank yet?

Sponsored Links
Back