Baki Boiler 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi if any one could help, solve the problem with our Boiler,,,,,
We have a loss of pressure, The control display shows flashing lights to the pump / loss of pressure, as the cause.....
The pressure gauge drops as quick as you can fill it also it is running constantly from the overflow hot water and i have noticed that it looks like a slight leak inside the boiler near the top of the boiler towards the back, but im not to sure until i take the cover off, what can i do to fix this?
Simon

Sponsored Links
If it's running from the pressure relief constantly then the PRV is knackered, if it's running constantly out of the condensate then the boiler is knackered

Hi thanks, the leak inside the Boiler is not running constantly,
When the boiler is heating water or radiators there is no leak. Only on start up when pressure is 0 and you have to fill it first...

OK your second post kind of contradicts your first, but I'll run with it. How long does it keep pressure for after you've topped it up? Does it hold pressure if you top it up and don't use it? Does the pressure go really high when the boiler gets hot?

Sponsored Links
Hi Sorry it does appear to contradict but i am a novice, and i am genuine, also panicked somewhat....
The Boiler does not hold the pressure at all, and leaks from the overflow straight away when filled, it only lasts 2-3 mins when filled, i guess the water is going out through the overflow.

The leak in the boiler is a drip at best.

OK I think we're getting somewhere. When you say the water escapes out of the "overflow", do you mean the small copper pipe that terminates as an open end outside somewhere, or the slightly larger white plastic pipe?

In fact I've just noticed you've said "I guess" the water is going out through the overflow, does this mean you haven't actually seen any evidence of it happening, IE you haven't seen it running out?

OK, your pressure relief valve has given up the ghost and needs replacing. An investigation into the cause might reveal a blown expansion vessel as well

As boiler repairs go its a pretty simple one, about two spanners!

Its legally permitted for a DIYer to replace the PRV and to check the EXV as detailed in this sites FAQ.

However, based on the questions that you have asked it would seem to be better to call a professional who will be able to check the internal leak and the EXV all at the same time.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back