Balanced Cold vs T from Outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had an invented cylinder installed. It appears that instead of making use of the Balanced Cold on the PRV, my plumber has instead added a T piece to the PRV outlet. So that it directly feeds both the cylinder and all taps & showers etc.

So it still seems balanced, but I’m just wondering if there are any side effects of this? Compared with using the Balanced Cold.

Sponsored Links
instead of making use of the Balanced Cold on the PRV, my plumber has instead added a T piece to the PRV outlet. So that it directly feeds both the cylinder and all taps & showers etc.
That's probably about as balanced as you can get, teed off the same place. Maybe you'd get some back feeding of hot into the cold from the expansion vessel when you only use cold, does the prv have a nrv after the balanced cold takeoff?

Thanks John. No sign of a NRV.

Here's a pic (nothing hidden under lagging):

IMG_3982.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back